The UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy’s Center for Innovative Pharmacy Education and Research (CIPhER) Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL) Bootcamp will be held virtually.
Monday, February 6 & Monday, February 13, 2023
(attendance at both sessions and completion of the advance work is required to obtain CE)
2-half days (12:00 - 3:00 PM Eastern Time)
**Optional Expert Consults are available at an addtional fee. Select either a 30-minute or 60-minute consult at checkout.
- Define scholarship of teaching & learning in relation to one's own pharmacy praxis
- Define powerful, evidence- and research-based strategies and techniques
- Develop a plan for designing and implementing a SoTL project (from planning through completion)
- Demonstrate transferrable skills and knowledge to share and disseminate
- Identify new colleagues to collaborate with on SoTL research
Registration: When registering, please select the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (Feb 6 & 13) as well as Day 1, SoTL Basics and Research Design and Day 2, SoTL Data Analysis and Dissemination). Consults can be selected as desired (these are optional).
Cancelation: Cancelation requests received prior to February 1, 2023 and completion of advance work will receive a refund less a $35 cancelation fee. Refund requests must be made in writing and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will not be provided after February 1, 2023 or the start of the advance work.
The University Of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE program 0046-9999-22-005-L04-P provides 8.0 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit. To receive CE credit, participants must complete the CE attendance form and the online evaluation of the program (instructions to be emailed). Statements of credit can be viewed and printed in CPE Monitor in approximately 2 to 3 weeks. **No partial credit will be available**
By registering you are automatically agreeing to:
1. Grant the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (the “University”) the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me on University and other websites and in publications, promotional fliers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other similar purpose without compensation to me.
2. Agreeing that such photographs and/or video recordings of me may be placed on the Internet. Understanding and agreeing that I may be identified by name and/or title in printed, internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me. Waiving the right to approve the final product. Agreeing that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of the University.
3. Releasing, acquitting and forever discharging the State of North Carolina, the University, its current and former trustees, agents, officers and employees of the above-named entities from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
If you wish to decline this permission please contact – email@example.com.
Date: Feb 6, 2023 12:00 PM - Feb 13, 2023 09:00 PM
Location: Virtual via Zoom/Whova
Registration closes on Feb 14, 2023 12:00 AM
60 minute consult with one of our expert faculty. Once you select this option and complete registration, you will be contacted to schedule your consult (within 4 business days).You must also register for the bootcamp to access the consult.
Date: 11/11/22 08:00 AM - 11/30/22 05:00 PM
30 minute consult with one of our expert faculty. Once you select this option and complete registration, you will be contacted to schedule your consult (within 4 business days). You must also register for the bootcamp to access the consult.
Date: 11/11/22 08:00 AM - 11/30/22 03:00 PM
In preparation for Day 1 of SoTL Bootcamp which includes sessions on SoTL Basics and SoTL Research Design, please read A 'how to" guide for developing a publishable Scholarship of Teaching project and review Understanding qualitative and quantitative research paradigms in academic medicine and Common evaluation design in medical education. Then, complete the post-test - a score of 70% is required for CE purposes and unlimited attempts are permitted. Complete the prework prior to 12:00 PM (Eastern Time) on February 6, 2023.
Date: 01/30/23 12:00 PM - 02/01/23 01:00 PM
In preparation for Day 2 of SoTL Bootcamp which includes sessions on SoTL Data Analysis and SoTL Dissemination, please read Overview of biostatistics used in clinical research and review Standards for reporting on empirical social science research in AERA publications. Then, complete the post-test - a score of 70% is required for CE purposes and unlimited attempts are permitted. Complete the prework prior to 12:00 PM (Eastern Time) on February 13, 2023.
Date: 02/01/23 03:00 PM - 02/06/23 12:00 PM
Registration closes on Feb 14, 2023
at 12:00 AM
Registration closes on Feb 14, 2023 at 12:00 AM
Time: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM