12:00-1:00 p.m., Thursday, December 8, 2022, Via Zoom
Small group, team-based learning is a critical component to the Eshelman School of Pharmacy curriculum. The curriculum maximizes interaction between student and professor, thus necessitating the need for trained facilitators to support student learning in small groups. During this program, we will identify, describe, and apply key skills that will support small group facilitation to ensure that all students have an opportunity to engage in thoughtful productive conversations. At the end of the program, participants will leave with strategies they can implement in their small groups.
12:00 - 1:00 PM Faciliating Small Group Learning (School faculty/staff and guests) - CE is offered for this part of the program
1:00 - 1:30 PM Facilitator Sessions for PCE II (Facilitators will be notified of required attendance by course directors) - CE is not offered for this part of the program
Learning Objectives: At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of the facilitator during small group team-based learning sessions
- Outline strategies for how to establish group norms, encourage active participation, and handle common challenges during group sessions
- Identify evidence-based best practices and clear, concrete steps to facilitate inclusive learning
Target Audience: This program is designed for all faculty, staff, preceptors and trainees who facilitate small group learning (12-1 pm portion of the program). Facilitators of UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy courses are required to attend the entire program (12-1:30 pm)
Registration: For non-UNC affiliates, registration is $15.00. Non-UNC affiliates are welcome to attend the 12:00-1:00 portion of the program. (UNC Affiliates are considered to be faculty, staff, trainees, students, preceptors and residents who currently work for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill or support its students.)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday, December 5, at 5 p.m.
The University Of North Carolina Eshelman School Of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE program 0046-9999-22-268-L99-P provides 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit. To receive CE credit, participants must sign-in upon arrival (in class or online), attend the entire program and complete the evaluation within 60 days of the program date (included in LECE which will open after the workshop). Statements of credit can be viewed and printed in CPE Monitor in approximately 2 to 3 weeks. **No partial credit will be available**
Jacqui McLaughlin, PhD
Associate Professor, CIPhER Director, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
Dr. McLaughlin received her undergraduate degree in biological engineering from North Carolina State University, her master of science in biomedical engineering from the University of Memphis/University of Tennessee and her doctoral in educational research and policy analysis from North Carolina State University. She spent one year as a postdoctoral fellow with the Office of Strategic Planning and Assessment (OSPA) at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy and currently serves the school as an associate professor in the division of Practice Advancement and Clinical Education and as the director of CIPhER (Center for Innovative Pharmacy Education and Research).
- A Zoom link will be provided prior to the program via a confirmation email. If you attend remotely via Zoom with a group, please email email@example.com with the names of the attendees. To receive CE credit, you must be registered for the program and we must be able to tie your registration to your Zoom login. If your Zoom login is different from your name, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
- Registration: Non-UNC Affiliates are required to pay a fee of $15 to attend and earn CE credit. When registering, you will be directed to a separate system for security purposes. Please select "OK" to be transered to the payment site and complete your registration. Be sure the zip code associated with your credit card's billing address matches the zip code in your account. If your registration is successful, you will be returned to this page and will see a note stating "You are registered for this program." If you receive a blank screen, your registration and payment was not successful.
- CE: Participants requesting CE have 60 days from the program date to claim CE crediit and verify credit has been uploaded to your CPE monitor account.
By registering you are automatically agreeing to:
1. Grant the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (the “University”) the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me on University and other websites and in publications, promotional fliers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other similar purpose without compensation to me.
2. Agreeing that such photographs and/or video recordings of me may be placed on the Internet. Understanding and agreeing that I may be identified by name and/or title in printed, internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me. Waiving the right to approve the final product. Agreeing that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of the University.
3. Releasing, acquitting and forever discharging the State of North Carolina, the University, its current and former trustees, agents, officers and employees of the above-named entities from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
If you wish to decline this permission please contact – email@example.com.
Date: Dec 8, 2022 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Dec 05, 2022 05:00 PM
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a
Registration closes on Dec 05, 2022
at 05:00 PM
Registration closes on Dec 05, 2022 at 05:00 PM
Time: 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM