Friday, November 11, 2022 from 12pm - 1pm Eastern Time via Zoom
Recent dialogue in health professions education has focused on perceived curricular "bloating" and "hoarding." For clinician-educators, these are negative descriptions of something we've worked so hard to create! This can create divisiveness in the academic community during a time we most to work together. So, if in general, we agree we are trying to do too much duing our finite fime with students, what can we do about it?
Learning Objectives: At the end of the program, participants will be able to
- Diagnose the syndrome of curricular hoarding/bloating
- Treat the symptoms of curricular hoarding/bloating
- Prevent curricular hoarding/bloating with healthier educational strategies
Target Audience: This program is designed for all faculty, preceptors, staff, trainees, and students.
Registration: For non-UNC affiliates, registration is $15.00. (UNC affiliates are faculty, staff, trainees, students, preceptors and residents who currently work for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill or support its students.)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE for the live/streamed program is TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH at 5 p.m.
The University Of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE program 0046-9999-22-239-L99-P provides 1.0 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit. To receive CE credit, participants must verify attendance, and complete the evaluation form(s) of this program. Participants must provide their name, email address, NABP e-Profile ID, and date of birth (MMDD) to receive credit. Statements of credit can be viewed and printed in CPE Monitor in approximately 2 to 3 weeks. It is the participant’s responsibility to check CPE Monitor to verify credit has been uploaded. If credit is not shown please contact the provider **No partial session credit will be given**
Tina Brock, EdD, FAPhA, FFIP
Associate Dean for Education, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Professor Brock is Associate Dean for Education at the University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences where she leads the team implementing innovative, inclusive, accountable and sustainable education and training.
She has previously served as the Pharmacy Course Director and Professor of Pharmacy Education and Practice in the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at Monash University (Australia), the Associate Dean for Global Health and Educational Innovations at the University of California, San Francisco School of Pharmacy (USA); the Director of Capacity Building and Performance Improvement at Management Sciences for Health (Global); the Course Director of Capacity Building and Performance Improvement at Management Sciences for Health (Global); the Course Director for the MSc in International Practice and Policy at University College London (UK); and the Director of Student Services at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Eshelman School of Pharmacy (USA).
By registering you are automatically agreeing to:
1. Grant the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (the “University”) the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me on University and other websites and in publications, promotional fliers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other similar purpose without compensation to me.
2. Agreeing that such photographs and/or video recordings of me may be placed on the Internet. Understanding and agreeing that I may be identified by name and/or title in printed, internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me. Waiving the right to approve the final product. Agreeing that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of the University.
3. Releasing, acquitting and forever discharging the State of North Carolina, the University, its current and former trustees, agents, officers and employees of the above-named entities from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
If you wish to decline this permission please contact – email@example.com.
Date: Nov 11, 2022 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Nov 11, 2022 11:00 AM
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a
Registration closes on Nov 11, 2022
at 11:00 AM
Registration closes on Nov 11, 2022 at 11:00 AM
Time: 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM