Spring 2022 CIPhER seminars will only be offered via Zoom.
12:00-1:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 9, 2022, Via Zoom
Are you looking for a time-tested approach to effective course design? Meet ADDIE, a 5-stage framework used in the development of educational offerings. During this program, participants will be introduced to the principles of instructional design and best-practices for creating educational offerings including ADDIE’s 5-stage approach: analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation. Participants will be provided an opportunity to use the ADDIE model in developing a fictional educational offering.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this program, participatns will be able to:
- Describe each step of the ADDIE model
- Define benefits of the backward design of educational offerings
- Explain the ADDIE model principles in the context of a fictional educational offering
Target Audience: This program is designed for all faculty, staff, preceptors,trainees and students who teach within a PharmD or graduate program.
Registration: For non-UNC affiliates, registration is $15.00. (UNC Affiliates are considered to be faculty, staff, trainees, students, preceptors and residents who currently work for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill or support its students.)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 4, at 5 p.m.
The University Of North Carolina Eshelman School Of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE program 0046-9999-22-045-L04-P provides 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit. To receive CE credit, participants must sign-in upon arrival (in class or online), attend the entire program and complete the evaluation within 60 days of the program date (included in LECE which will open after the workshop). Statements of credit can be viewed and printed in CPE Monitor in approximately 2 to 3 weeks. **No partial credit will be available**
Deborah Sturpe, PharmD, MA, BCPS, Clinical Assoicate Professor, Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics
Deborah Sturpe, PharmD, MA, BCPS is a clinical associate professor in the Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics. Her primary responsibilities in the Eshelman School of Pharmacy include didactic teaching, ambulatory care practice, and investigating how to best teach and assess students. In particular, she is interested in PharmD curricular revision and curricular/program assessment planning as well as best practices in competency education and performance-based assessment. Dr. Sturpe also serves as Associate Editor for Manuscript Quality for the journal Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning.
- A Zoom link will be provided prior to the program via a confirmation email. If you attend remotely via Zoom with a group, please email email@example.com with the names of the attendees. To receive CE credit, you must be registered for the program and we must be able to tie your registration to your Zoom login. If your Zoom login is different from your name, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
- Registration: Non-UNC Affiliates are required to pay a fee of $15 to attend and earn CE credit. When registering, you will be directed to a separate system for security purposes. Please select "OK" to be transered to the payment site and complete your registration. Be sure the zip code associated with your credit card's billing address matches the zip code in your account. If your registration is successful, you will be returned to this page and will see a note stating "You are registered for this program." If you receive a blank screen, your registration and payment were not successful.
- CE: Participants requesting CE have 60 days from the program date to claim CE crediit and verify credit has been uploaded to your CPE monitor account.
By registering you are automatically agreeing to:
1. Grant the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (the “University”) the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me on University and other websites and in publications, promotional fliers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other similar purpose without compensation to me.
2. Agreeing that such photographs and/or video recordings of me may be placed on the Internet. Understanding and agreeing that I may be identified by name and/or title in printed, internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me. Waiving the right to approve the final product. Agreeing that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of the University.
3. Releasing, acquitting and forever discharging the State of North Carolina, the University, its current and former trustees, agents, officers and employees of the above-named entities from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
If you wish to decline this permission please contact – email@example.com.
Date: Mar 9, 2022 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Mar 04, 2022 05:00 PM
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a
Registration closes on Mar 04, 2022
at 05:00 PM
Registration closes on Mar 04, 2022 at 05:00 PM
Time: 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM