Spring 2022 CIPhER seminars will only be offered via Zoom.
12:00-1:00 p.m., Friday, March 25, 2022, Via Zoom
Without feedback, performance can never improve. However, questions arise about how best to provide feedback. In this program, we will discuss the benefits of feedback, some evidence-models to provide feedback, and address issues such as level of detail of feedback, impact of grades, and timing of feedback.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this program, participatns will be able to:
- Describe the key components of feedback
- Identify simple, applicable feedback strategies
- Outline barriers to feedback and how to overcome them
Target Audience: This program is designed for all faculty, staff, preceptors and trainees.
Registration: For non-UNC affiliates, registration is $15.00. (UNC Affiliates are considered to be faculty, staff, trainees, students, preceptors and residents who currently work for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill or support its students.)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, March 22, at 5 p.m.
The University Of North Carolina Eshelman School Of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE program 0046-9999-22-018-L04-P provides 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit. To receive CE credit, participants must sign-in upon arrival (in class or online), attend the entire program and complete the evaluation within 60 days of the program date (included in LECE which will open after the workshop). Statements of credit can be viewed and printed in CPE Monitor in approximately 2 to 3 weeks. **No partial credit will be available**
Adam Persky, PhD, Associate Dean of Professional Education and Clinical Professor, Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
Adam Persky received his BS in biology from Purdue University and a MS in exercise science from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. He completed his PhD in pharmaceutical sciences at the University of Florida and did an industry-sponsored postdoctoral fellowship in pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and GlaxoSmithKline. Currently, he is associate dean of professional education, a clinical professor in the division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics, and faculty fellow in CIPhER at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy. Within the pharmacy school, Persky teaches physiology and pharmacokinetics and has received several of the School’s teaching awards, including Best Overall instructor. Persky was named an Atlantic Coast Conference Teaching Scholar by the American Association of College of Pharmacy. He is the associate editor for the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and on the editorial board for College Teaching. He has given over 100 workshops across the country and has numerous publications on a variety of topics relating to teaching and learning.
- A Zoom link will be provided prior to the program via a confirmation email. If you attend remotely via Zoom with a group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the attendees. To receive CE credit, you must be registered for the program and we must be able to tie your registration to your Zoom login. If your Zoom login is different from your name, please email email@example.com with details.
- Registration: Non-UNC Affiliates are required to pay a fee of $15 to attend and earn CE credit. When registering, you will be directed to a separate system for security purposes. Please select "OK" to be transered to the payment site and complete your registration. Be sure the zip code associated with your credit card's billing address matches the zip code in your account. If your registration is successful, you will be returned to this page and will see a note stating "You are registered for this program." If you receive a blank screen, your registration and payment were not successful.
- CE: Participants requesting CE have 60 days from the program date to claim CE crediit and verify credit has been uploaded to your CPE monitor account.
By registering you are automatically agreeing to:
1. Grant the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (the “University”) the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me on University and other websites and in publications, promotional fliers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other similar purpose without compensation to me.
2. Agreeing that such photographs and/or video recordings of me may be placed on the Internet. Understanding and agreeing that I may be identified by name and/or title in printed, internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me. Waiving the right to approve the final product. Agreeing that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of the University.
3. Releasing, acquitting and forever discharging the State of North Carolina, the University, its current and former trustees, agents, officers and employees of the above-named entities from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
If you wish to decline this permission please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Mar 25, 2022 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Mar 24, 2022 09:00 AM
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a
Registration closes on Mar 24, 2022
at 09:00 AM
Registration closes on Mar 24, 2022 at 09:00 AM
Time: 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM