Fall 2021 CIPhER seminars will only be offered via Zoom.
12:00-1:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 17, 2021, Via Zoom
Are you interested in learning more about qualitative data collection techniques to gain insight into people’s experiences, cognitive processes, perceptions, or attitudes? This program will provide an overview of several data collection methods, their strengths, and their limitations. A range of data collection methods will be covered including interviews, think-aloud, and cognitive interviews. No prior experience is necessary.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe several qualitative data collection methods
- Identify strengths and limitations of data collection methods
- Identify resources to aid in your qualitative analysis
Target Audience: This program is designed for all preceptors, faculty, staff, trainees, and students.
Registration: For non-UNC affiliates, registration is $15.00. (UNC Affiliates are considered to be faculty, staff, trainees, students, preceptors and residents who currently work for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill or support its students.)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, November 12, at 5 p.m.
The University Of North Carolina Eshelman School Of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE program 0046-9999-21-239-L04-P provides 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit. To receive CE credit, participants must sign-in upon arrival (in class or online), attend the entire program and complete the evaluation within 60 days of the program date (included in LECE which will open after the workshop). Statements of credit can be viewed and printed in CPE Monitor in approximately 2 to 3 weeks. **No partial credit will be available**
Anita Crescenzi, MSIS, PhD, Research Assistant Professor, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy & UNC School of Information and Library Science
Anita Crescenzi, MSIS, Ph.D. is a research assistant professor in the Division of Practice Advancement and Clinical Education at the Eshelman School of Pharmacy at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a secondary appointment in the School of Information and Library Science. She completed her BS degree in Education from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and her MS in Information Science, PhD in Information and Library Science, and postdoctoral fellowship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She has taught research methods courses and a tutorial at the ACM SIGIR conference in data collection and analysis. She also has nine years of applied research having conducted user research and usability and user experience evaluation in the health insurance and medical library settings. Her research is at the intersection of pharmacy, information-seeking and use, and human-computer interaction. She uses mixed methods to understand how, when, and why people seek and use information in support of their broader goals especially learning, decision-making, and problem-solving with a focus on pharmacy education and practice. She also designs and evaluates novel information tools and systems to provide better support for learning, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- A Zoom link will be provided prior to the program via a confirmation email. If you attend remotely via Zoom with a group, please email email@example.com with the names of the attendees. To receive CE credit, you must be registered for the program and we must be able to tie your registration to your Zoom login. If your Zoom login is different from your name, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
- Registration: Non-UNC Affiliates are required to pay a fee of $15 to attend and earn CE credit. When registering, you will be directed to a separate system for security purposes. Please select "OK" to be transered to the payment site and complete your registration. Be sure the zip code associated with your credit card's billing address matches the zip code in your account. If your registration is successful, you will be returned to this page and will see a note stating "You are registered for this program." If you receive a blank screen, your registration and payment was not successful.
- CE: Participants requesting CE have 60 days from the program date to claim CE crediit and verify credit has been uploaded to your CPE monitor account.
By registering you are automatically agreeing to:
1. Grant the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (the “University”) the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me on University and other websites and in publications, promotional fliers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other similar purpose without compensation to me.
2. Agreeing that such photographs and/or video recordings of me may be placed on the Internet. Understanding and agreeing that I may be identified by name and/or title in printed, internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me. Waiving the right to approve the final product. Agreeing that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of the University.
3. Releasing, acquitting and forever discharging the State of North Carolina, the University, its current and former trustees, agents, officers and employees of the above-named entities from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
If you wish to decline this permission please contact – email@example.com.
Date: Nov 17, 2021 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Nov 12, 2021 05:00 PM
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a
Registration closes on Nov 12, 2021
at 05:00 PM
Registration closes on Nov 12, 2021 at 05:00 PM
Time: 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM