Fall 2021 CIPhER seminars will only be offered via Zoom.
12:00-1:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 8, 2021, Via Zoom
Have you heard someone talk about “psychological safety” and you’re curious what it means or why it matters? Join us for an exploration into psychological safety, the research that illustrates its significance, and how it can be applicable in your practice. This program will include opportunities to assess your own perceptions of psychological safety and to identify opportunities to foster psychological safety in your work and teaching environments. You will leave prepared to apply the information in actionable ways to have an immediate impact in your classroom and/or practice.
Objectives: At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe psychological safety and its impact on collaboration and learning
- Outline techniques to assess and monitor psychological safety among teams
- Identify strategies to foster psychologically safe environments
Target Audience: This program is designed for all preceptors, faculty, staff, trainees and students.
Registration: For non-UNC Affiliates, registration is $15.00. (UNC Affiliates are consdered to be faculty, staff, trainees, students, preceptors and residents who currently work for th University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill or support its students.)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, September 3, at 5 p.m.
The University Of North Carolina Eshelman School Of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE program 0046-9999-21-210-L04-P provides 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit. To receive CE credit, participants must sign-in upon arrival (in class or online), attend the entire program and complete the evaluation within 60 days of the program date (included in LECE which will open after the workshop). Statements of credit can be viewed and printed in CPE Monitor in approximately 2 to 3 weeks. **No partial credit will be available**
Michael D. Wolcott, PharmD, PhD, BCIDPS, Director of Educational Resources and Scholarships, UNC Adams School of Dentistry and CIPhER Faculty Fellow, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
Michael D. Wolcott, PharmD, PhD, BCIDPS is the Director of Educational Resources and Scholarship at the University of North Carolina Adams School of Dentistry. In this role, he supports faculty to optimize teaching and learning, enhance their teaching experience, and inspire educational scholarship. He completed his PhD in education at the UNC School of Education specializing in the learning sciences and psychological studies. He received his Doctor of Pharmacy from the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy followed by a pharmacy practice residency at Duke University Hospital, where he worked as a clinical infectious diseases pharmacist. Michael is also a clinical assistant professor and faculty fellow in the Center for Innovative Pharmacy Education and Research (CIPhER) at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy where he supports educational research initiatives within the School. Michael’s research focuses on creative problem-solving, curriculum change management, preceptor development, and assessment.
- A Zoom link will be provided prior to the program via a confirmation email. If you attend remotely via Zoom with a group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the attendees. To receive CE credit, you must be registered for the program and we must be able to tie your registration to your Zoom login. If your Zoom login is different from your name, please email email@example.com with details.
- Registration: Non-UNC Affiliates are required to pay a fee of $15 to attend and earn CE credit. When registering, you will be directed to a separate system for security purposes. Please select "OK" to be transered to the payment site and complete your registration. Be sure the zip code associated with your credit card's billing address matches the zip code in your account. If your registration is successful, you will be returned to this page and will see a note stating "You are registered for this program." If you receive a blank screen, your registration and payment was not successful.
- CE: Participants requesting CE have 60 days from the program date to claim CE crediit and verify credit has been uploaded to your CPE monitor account.
By registering you are automatically agreeing to:
1. Grant the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (the “University”) the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me on University and other websites and in publications, promotional fliers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other similar purpose without compensation to me.
2. Agreeing that such photographs and/or video recordings of me may be placed on the Internet. Understanding and agreeing that I may be identified by name and/or title in printed, internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me. Waiving the right to approve the final product. Agreeing that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of the University.
3. Releasing, acquitting and forever discharging the State of North Carolina, the University, its current and former trustees, agents, officers and employees of the above-named entities from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
If you wish to decline this permission please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Sep 8, 2021 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Sep 03, 2021 05:00 PM
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a
Registration closes on Sep 03, 2021
at 05:00 PM
Registration closes on Sep 03, 2021 at 05:00 PM
Time: 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM