In keeping with policies resulting from COViD-19, this program will only be offered via Zoom.
12:00-1:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 28, 2021, Via Zoom
Our school has created and embedded an intentional and progressive interprofessional education and practice (IPEP) system within our curriculum and co-curriculum. Concurrently, we have established an assessment system using the IPEC Core Competencies for students to evaluate themselves before and after engaging in IPE activities. This program will help the faculty and other attendees appreciate the flow of IPEP activities and assessment of IPEP skills in our students and how it connects to other health professional schools at UNC. Our school’s IPEP program is part of the University’s IPEP Core Curriculum which is being adopted by other UNC health professional schools. The emerging IPEP Scholars program will provide recognition to students who excel “above and beyond” in IPEP opportunities in their academic programs.
Objectives: At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe where interprofessional education activities are embedded in required curriculum courses and where interprofessional education appears in elective and co-curricular spaces
- Summarize how the schools are using the IPEP Core Competencies to assess student confidence in interprofessional abilities
- Outline the design and intent of the University’s IPEP Core Curriculum, and the purpose and structure of the IPEP Scholar program
Target Audience: This program is designed for preceptors, faculty, staff and trainees who assist students in preparing to work in interprofessional settings.
Registration: For non-UNC Affiliates, registration is $15.00. (UNC Affiliates are condisered to be faculty, staff, trainees, students, preceptors and residents who currently work for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill or support its students.)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, April 23, at 5 p.m.
The University Of North Carolina Eshelman School Of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE program 0046-9999-21-031-L01-P provides 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit. To receive CE credit, participants must sign-in upon arrival (in class or online), attend the entire program and complete the evaluation within 60 days of the program date (included in LECE which will open after the workshop). Statements of credit can be viewed and printed in CPE Monitor in approximately 2 to 3 weeks. **No partial credit will be available**
Philip Rodgers, PharmD
Director of Interprofessional Education and Practice & Clinical Professor, Practice Advancement & Clinical Education
Philip Rodgers, PharmD, is a clinical associate professor and serves as the Director of Interprofessional Education and Practice at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy. He coordinates several courses in the School, including Integrative Pharmacotherapy 2 (PHCY 732), and the Patient Care Experience 2 (PHCY 718), as well as teaching in other courses such as Patient Care Experience 1 and Pharmacotherapy Foundations. He also serves as a faculty advisor for the Carolina Association of Pharmacy Students (CAPS) and to Kappa Psi Professional Pharmacy Fraternity. Rodgers received his Bachelor of Science in pharmacy and his Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. After earning his PharmD, he completed a pharmacy residency in ambulatory care at the Medical College of Virginia Hospitals in Richmond, Virginia. His areas of scholarship and teaching are primary care pharmacy practice, chronic disease management and innovative pharmacy education programs. Rodgers has been named a fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy.
- A Zoom link will be provided prior to the session via a confirmation Outlook invitation. For CE purposes, if your login to Zoom is different from your name, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
- Registration: Non-UNC Affiliates are required to pay a fee of $15 to attend and earn CE credit. When registering, you will be directed to a separate system for security purposes. Please select "OK" to be transered to the payment site and complete your registration. Be sure the zip code associated with your credit card's billing address matches the zip code in your account. If your registration is successful, you will be returned to this page and will see a note stating "You are registered for this program." If you receive a blank screen, your registration and payment was not successful.
- CE: Participants requesting CE have 60 days from the program date to claim CE crediit and verify credit has been uploaded to your CPE monitor account.
By registering you are automatically agreeing to:
1. Grant the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (the “University”) the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me on University and other websites and in publications, promotional fliers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other similar purpose without compensation to me.
2. Agreeing that such photographs and/or video recordings of me may be placed on the Internet. Understanding and agreeing that I may be identified by name and/or title in printed, internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me. Waiving the right to approve the final product. Agreeing that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of the University.
3. Releasing, acquitting and forever discharging the State of North Carolina, the University, its current and former trustees, agents, officers and employees of the above-named entities from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
If you wish to decline this permission please contact – email@example.com.
Date: Apr 28, 2021 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Apr 23, 2021 05:00 PM
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a
Registration closes on Apr 23, 2021
at 05:00 PM
Registration closes on Apr 23, 2021 at 05:00 PM
Time: 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM