12:00-1:00 p.m., Friday, May 15, 2020, Via Zoom
Have you ever wondered how or why people do what they do? Do you want to understand context, stories or descriptions? Qualitative research offers an opportunity to answer these questions by allowing researchers to observe and describe phenomenon in a discrete way. During this program you will be introduced to qualitative research design, methodologies and data collection and analysis and learn how to answer your research questions using qualitative methods.
- Define qualitative research including goals and objectives
- Describe methodologies used when conducting qualitative research
- Identify opportunities to answer research questions using qualitative methods
Target Audience: This program is designed for all faculty, preceptors and trainees who are interested in learning about conducting qualitative research.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, May 12, at 5 p.m.
The University Of North Carolina Eshelman School Of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE program 0046-9999-20-164--L04-P provides 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit. To receive CE credit, participants must sign-in upon arrival (in class or online), attend the entire program and complete the evaluation within 60 days of the program date (included in LECE which will open after the workshop). Statements of credit can be viewed and printed in CPE Monitor in approximately 2 to 3 weeks. **No partial credit will be available**
Lana Minshew, CIPhER Postdoctoral Research Associate
Lana Minshew is a postdoctoral research associate with CIPhER at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy. She received her MEd in educational psychology from the University of Houston and earned her PhD in education from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Her research interests include design-based research, science education, collaboration, student learning and student discourse in science.
- A Zoom link will be provided prior to the program via a confirmation email. If you attend remotely via Zoom with a group, please email email@example.com with the names of the attendees. To receive CE credit, you must be registered for the program and we must be able to tie your registration to your Zoom login (use your name).
By registering you are automatically agreeing to:
1. Grant the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (the “University”) the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me on University and other websites and in publications, promotional fliers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other similar purpose without compensation to me.
2. Agreeing that such photographs and/or video recordings of me may be placed on the Internet. Understanding and agreeing that I may be identified by name and/or title in printed, internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me. Waiving the right to approve the final product. Agreeing that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of the University.
3. Releasing, acquitting and forever discharging the State of North Carolina, the University, its current and former trustees, agents, officers and employees of the above-named entities from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
If you wish to decline this permission please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: May 15, 2020 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on May 12, 2020 05:00 PM
Registration closes on May 12, 2020
at 05:00 PM
Registration closes on May 12, 2020 at 05:00 PM
Time: 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM