- Explain why baseline or prior knowledge is important to learners
- Identify activities to assess student’s baseline knowledge
- Describe various activities to enhance student’s baseline knowledge
- Lunch will be provided at 11:50 AM. in Beard 200. When you register, please indicate if you will attend the lunch session and include any dietary restrictions.
- Parking passes are available only for guests and visitors employed at locations outside of the UNC campus. Please bring your parking deck ticket to the event to receive a pass.
- A Zoom link will be provided prior to the program via a confirmation email for registrants who indicate they will attend the program remotely. Use your name to login to Zoom since CE will NOT be awarded if we cannot tie your Zoom attendance to your registration. If you attend remotely via Zoom with a group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the attendees.
Adam Persky received his B.S. in biology from Purdue University and a MS in exercise science from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. He completed his PhD in pharmaceutical sciences at the University of Florida and did an industry-sponsored postdoctoral fellowship in pharmacokinetics/ pharmacodynamics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and GlaxoSmithKline. Currently, he is a clinical professor and faculty fellow in CIPhER at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy. Within the pharmacy school, Persky teaches physiology and pharmacokinetics and has received several of the School’s teaching awards, including Best Overall Instructor. Persky was named an Atlantic Coast Conference Teaching Scholar during the program’s inaugural year and has been named a Distinguished Teaching Scholar by the American Associations of College of Pharmacy. He is the associate editor for the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and on the editorial board for College Teaching. He has given over 100 workshops across the country and has numerous publications on a variety of topics related to teaching and learning.
Date: Feb 19, 2020 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Feb 14, 2020 05:00 PM