- Define SoTL and describe the basic steps of a SoTL project
- Describe 1-2 practical techniques/tools you’d like to adapt for and apply to a project
- Identify 1-2 specific opportunities and contexts in which you might apply those techniques/tools in your project
- Identify 1-2 specific next steps you could take to build on what you’ve learned in this session
- Lunch will be provided at 11:50 AM. outside of Beard 200. When you register, please indicate if you will attend the lunch session and include any dietary restrictions.
- Parking passes are available only for guests and visitors employed at locations outside of the UNC campus. Please bring your parking deck ticket to the event to receive a pass.
- A Zoom link will be provided prior to the program via a confirmation email for registrants who indicate they will attend the program remotely. Please be sure we can tie your Zoom login to your registration.
Jacqui McLaughlin, Ph.D., received her undergraduate degree in biological engineering from North Carolina State University, her master of science in biomedical engineering from the University of Memphis, and her doctorate in educational research and policy analysis from North Carolina State University. She spent one year as a postdoctoral fellow with the Office of Strategic Planning and Assessment (OSPA) at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy before joining the School as an assistant professor in educational innovation and research. After serving the School as the director of OSPA, she was appointed director of CIPhER in 2018. Currently, McLaughlin is involved in educational research that extends across the context of admissions, classroom engagement, experiential learning, and cocurricular activities.
Date: Sep 27, 2019 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Sep 24, 2019 05:00 PM